MAIN DIRECTIONS OF SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITY
Modeling, calculation and prediction of river runoff glacier-snow feeding; climate and water balance of the mountainous river basins; cataloging and monitoring of the Earth's glaciation; hazards in glacial basins. Areas of Research: Central Asia, North and South-East Asia, Western and Eastern Siberia.
- Konovalov, V.G., Rudakov, V.A. Characterization of glaciers from remote sensing data.2015. Journal of Siberian Federal University Engineering & Technologies, 1 (2015, 8). 98-107. (In Russian).
- Konovalov V.G. New approach to estimate water output from regional populations of mountain glaciers in Asia. Journal GES (Geography, Ecology, Sustainability). 2015 No. 02 (v. 08) pp. 13-29
- Konovalov, V.G., Rudakov, V.A. The possibility of using remote sensing data (ERS) for monitoring glaciers and glaciological calculations. "IceandSnow." 2015, №1, p. 15-28. (InRussian).
- Konovalov V.G. Calculation and forecast components of runoff in the river basins of Central and High Asia. Proceedings of Russian Academy of Science, a series of geography. 2015, number 3, pp. 72-84. (In Russian).
- Konovalov V.G. Modeling and reconstruction parameters of river runoff and mass balance of glaciers in the North Caucasus. "Ice and Snow." 2014, number 3, pp. 16-30. (In Russian).
- F. Paul, N.E. Barrand, S. Baumann, E. Berthier, T. Bolch, K. Casey, H. Frey, S.P. Joshi,
- V. Konovalov, R. Le Bris, N. Mo¨lg, G. Nosenko, C. Nuth, A. Pope, A. Racoviteanu, P. Rastner, B. Raup, K. Scharrer, S. Steffen, S. Winsvold. On the accuracy of glacier outlines derived from remote-sensing data. Annals of Glaciology 54(63), 2013.doi: 10.3189/2013AoG63A296. Pp 171-182
- Konovalov V.G., Maksimova O.E. Reconstruction and prediction of water balance componentson dendrochronological data in the basin. Naryn (Kyrgyzstan). "Ice and Snow." 2012, number 3, pp. 87-98. (In Russian).
- Konovalov V.G. The dynamics of glaciers in Central Asia on materials of remote sensing. Modern problems of remote sensing of the Earth from space. Physical fundamentals, methods and technologies for monitoring the environment of potentially dangerous phenomena and objects. Collected articles. Moscow, Institute of Cosmic Research RAS - 2012, Volume 9, № 1. 281-288. (In Russian).
- Konovalov V.G. New data on the influence of glacier runoff on the level of the World Ocean. Studies on the IPY program of 2007/2008. Volume 3 "Polar cryosphere and land water." Moscow, 2011. pp. 70-86. (In Russian).
- Konovalov Vladimir. Spatial distribution of river runoff and its climate factors in average and extreme years. «GEOGRAPHY, ENVIRONMENT, SUSTAINABILITY», Moscow. 2011, № 4, p. 33-45.
- Konovalov Vladimir. Past and Prospective Change in State of Central Asian Glaciers. «IceandSnow». 2011, № 3 (115) p. 60-68.
- Konovalov V.G. Cataloging of mountain glaciers and generalization of their distribution by materials of remote sensing. In. "Modern Problems of Remote Sensing of the Earth from Space", 2010, V.7, №2. Moscow, Space Research Institute, pp. 43-54. (In Russian).
- Konovalov, V.G. Spatial variability of glaciers total melting in the upstream of Amudarya River Basin. “Ice and Snow”. Journal of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow. 2010, №1, pp. 36-42. (In Russian).
- Konovalov Vladimir. Extreme and average glaciers runoff in the Аmudarya river basin. NATO Book “Threats to Global Water Security”. NATO Advanced Research Series, Springer, 2009. P. 371-376.
- Konovalov, V.G. Remote sensing monitoring of the outburst-hazardous lakes in Pamir. “Cryosphere of the Earth”. Journal of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow. 2009, vol XIII, issue 4, p. 80-89. (In Russian).
- Konovalov, V.G. Long term change of the water balance components in river basins fed by melting of snow and ice. «Meteorology and Hydrology». 2007, N 8, p. 77-89. Russian Meteorology and Hydrology August 2007, Volume 32, Issue 8, pp 529-537
- Konovalov, V.G., Desinov, L.N. Remote sensing monitoring of long-term regime of the Pamirs glaciers. «Data of Glaciological Studies», Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow. v. 103, 2007, p. 129-133. (In Russian)
- Konovalov, V.G. Co-author of monograph: Glaciation of Northern and Central Eurasia in current epoch. Ed. Kotlyakov, V.M., Vol 1, Moscow, “Nauka”, 2006, 488 p. (In Russian)
- Konovalov, V.G. Remote measurements of the annual mass balance of glaciers /Previsione del bilancio di massaannuale del ghiacciai/. Terra Glacialis, 2006, Anno IX. ServizioGlaciologico Lombardo. Milano-Italia. p. 99-104.
- Konovalov, V.G., Williams, M.W. Long term fluctuation of glaciers and runoff of the Central Asian Rivers at current climate conditions. «Meteorology and Hydrology». 2005, N 9, p. 69-83. Russian Meteorology and Hydrology. 2005. № 9. pp. 52-64.
- Konovalov V., Nakawo M. Analogous simulation the annual runoff of Heihe River (China, Qilianshan). Bulletin of Glaciological Research. Vol 22, 2005. pp. 19-29.