Candidate of Sciences (Geography), graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University (Biogeography department), is working in LEGS of Institute of Geography of Russian Academy of Sciences from 1979 till now. Wrote Candidate dissertation “Trends in meadow and steppe vegetation of central fores-steppe”.
Main scientific interests:
Ecological mapping, biogeography, analysis of geo-ecological aspects of the problem of risks, risks mapping, environmental status and sustainability, geographic information systems and geographic databases, the use of maps for environmental engineering and for environmental surveys and cadastral land valuation, ecological mapping regulatory framework, methodology of ecological mapping teaching.
Selected publications :
- I.F.Petrova. Estimation of agricultural ecological situation // Russia and its regions: internal and external ecological risks. – Moscow : Nauka, 2001. – p. 110-123
- I.F.Petrova. The concept of GIS geographic station (as exemplified by Kursk biosphere station of Institute of Geography of Russian Academy of Sciences) // Izvestija RAN. Geography. – 2008. - #1. – p. 125-130.
- I.F.Petrova. The problem of mapping the notion “danger” (ecological maps) // Izvestija RAN. Geography. – 2008. - #5. – p. 126-131.
- I.F.Petrova. The problem of mapping the notion “risk” (ecological maps) // Ecology of urbanized territories. 2009. - #2.
- I.F.Petrova. Mapping of categories of pollution and contamination (as exemplified by atmospheric air)
- I.F.Petrova. The problem of mapping crisis and catastrophic situations on ecological maps // Problems of forecasting emergency situations. The VIII scientific conference. 8-10 October 2008. Reports and presentations. – Sankt-Petersburg: UGPS MCHS of Russia. p. 138-145.
- I.F.Petrova. Cartographic form of displaying information on pollution and contamination of surface and ground waters // Water cleaning. Water treatment. Water supply. 2010. - #4 (28). – p. 24-31.
- I.F.Petrova. Maps of ecological content in the Russian-language Internet // Izvestija RAN. Geography. – 2010. - #3. – p. 124-130.
- I.F.Petrova. Mapping of pollution and contamination of surface and ground water (review of published maps) // Geodesy and Cartography. – 2010. - # 10. – p. 52-57.
- T.V. Vereshaka, I.F.Petrova. Formation and development of eco-geographical mapping: trends and milestones // Geodesy and Cartography. – 2011. - # 1. – p. 13-17.